Whiteleaf Bowmen is keen to encourage all members to develop their archery and have therefore introduced a 252 Award Scheme.
The 252 award scheme is designed to help you practice your shooting at different distances and recognise your achievements.
After 6 sighters, you shoot 3 dozen arrows on a 122cm face at your chosen distance. The round can be shot at 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 80 or 100 yds with the aim of scoring 252 or better (lower scores at 80 and 100 yards for Barebow and Longbow). You only have to achieve the score once to claim a badge.
- Six sighters to be followed immediately by three dozen scored arrows
- 5-zone scoring (Gold = 9, Red = 7, Blue = 5, Black = 3, White = 1) using a 122cm target face.
- The three dozen arrows may be shot alone or as the first three dozen of a longer Imperial round.
- Scores need to be achieved only once to qualify for the award.
- To make an award claim, a signed and witnessed score sheet needs to be submitted to the club’s Records Officer
|Distance (yds)||Award||Recurve Score||Compound Score||Longbow Score||Barebow Score|