This statement sets out how Whiteleaf Bowmen uses and protects any information that you give us. It has been drawn up to comply with the General Data Protection Regulation with effect from 25 May 2018.
Personal information is information that can be used to identify you. Examples include your name, title, postal address, email address, and telephone numbers. It can also include personal information relating to processes including payment information (such as credit card or bank details), bow type, rounds shot and scores.
What is the legal basis for collecting your information?
Whiteleaf Bowmen only collects personal information to enable us to carry out our legitimate interests.
Whiteleaf Bowmen’ legitimate interests are:
- Fulfilling our duty to members and supporters
- The promotion, marketing and advertising of our services
- Handling enquiries and complaints.
- Complying with legal requirements and regulations.
- Communicating with members via email of club information and news, including relevantnews from other clubs/organisations, eg tournaments.How do we use your personal information?Your personal information will be:
- accessible to our committee in order for it to carry out its role.
- when required passed to Archery GB, Southern Counties Archery Society and Bucks ArcheryAssociation
We may use your information in a variety of ways including:
- processing your membership of Whiteleaf Bowmen (including Archery GB, SCAS and BAA)
- sending you information about the latest Whiteleaf Bowmen’ news and events via email
- sending information about events held by other archery clubs or bodiesWe will not pass on your personal information to other organisations other than those described above. We do not sell any personal informationWe will share your information when we are legally obliged to at the request of a government or law enforcement authority.You can find out what personal information we hold about you and update your personal information by contacting us at MembershipSecretary@whiteleafbowmen.org.uk. You can request the removal of your personal information from our records at any time by contacting us at the same email address.
Whiteleaf Bowmen take the security of members’ and supporters’ personal information very seriously and take appropriate steps to ensure data is securely stored.
We only hold your personal information for as long as is necessary for us to administer our relationship with you.
If we dispose of your information, it will always be done so securely.