COVID-19 Update – Field is now OPEN
All measures for social distancing and your safety are now in place at the field so you can book a slot to start shooting again. Please take note of the following & observe at all times.
- Hand gel is taped to the gate for use when entering and leaving.
- Bosses with wheels Lanes 1 and 9 are currently set at 60 yds, Boss with wheels Lane 3 is set at 100yds and the two straw bosses Lanes 5 and 7 are also set at 100yds. They can be moved to suit but please wipe them down before and after with the spray. Obviously if you are at the field by yourself, it will be safe to move forward
- The clubhouse will remain closed for the time being but on the verandah you will find hand sanitizer on the table with the spray for wiping down the faces and bosses, anything else you touch and your own equipment if you haven’t brought yours.
- In the box is the signing in book, scoresheets, pens (bring your own if you can), arrow jack, pins, paper roll for wiping down, bin bags etc.
- The toilet is to be used for emergencies only
- The booking system is now open. You will find it on the website under Archery Field Bookings, choose your lane, date, (times shown are those still available), fill in your details and you will get confirmation immediately and a reminder the day before.
- Get ready at home, arrive just before your start time, shoot, leave, dismantle at home.
- Remember: Following Archey GB guidelines and wipe wipe wipe!
Before you start shooting again please also read Archery GB’s guidance notes:https://www.archerygb.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/Guidance-Notes-for-Archers-FINAL.pdf.
Archery in South Bucks
Whiteleaf is a friendly archery club serving High Wycombe and South Buckinghamshire. The club is located at a dedicated field near Lacey Green.
We welcome all levels of skill and experience, from competitive tournament archers to those who just enjoy shooting down at the club. Most members shoot either recurve or traditional longbow and many shoot both disciplines. We are now pleased to welcome any compound archers in the area, as members or visitors.
We hold an annual Club Championship for recurve, a separate Club Longbow Championship, and a Chairman’s Shoot especially for our novice archers.
We run two tournaments each year: a Club Open Shoot and an Open Longbow Tournament which has proved extremely popular since its inception in 1997.
We also run beginners’ courses and in the summer the club offers “Fun Shoots” for local groups such as Scouts, Round Table, & Ladies Circle, and for Corporate Team Building & Birthday parties. Club members volunteer their time to help out, and the nominal fees help to boost club funds for further information see the contact sheet.
Target Days and Shooting Times
The ground is at our sole disposal, which allows us unlimited archery 365 days a year. Official target days are Sunday, starting at 10:00am, and Wednesday and Thursday evenings, starting at 6:00pm, but members are free to shoot whenever they wish. The ground can accommodate up to twelve targets, and has permanently-marked distances for all the major Archery GB and FITA rounds.
During the winter the club uses a local village hall for indoor shooting on most Wednesday and Thursday evenings, with sessions starting at 5:30pm and 7:30pm. Senior members contribute £3-00 per evening, which helps towards the hiring costs. Juniors shoot free.
Adult (over 25) – £124
Junior (up to age 18) – £39
Adult (age 18-25) – £90
There are also discounts available for students (i.e. those in full time education, upon presentation of a valid NUS card) and families (where 3 or more from a family join).
Figures above include affiliation fees to Archery GB, SCAS (Southern Counties Archery Society) and the BAA (Buckinghamshire Archery Association).
Fees are for one year from 1st October until 30th September and are set at the club AGM in October for the coming year.
Non members are always welcome to shoot with us on payment of a £3.00 green fee and presentation of a valid Archery GB or FITA registration card.
Come and meet us
If you would like to see the facilities or ask us any questions, send us an enquiry from the contacts page.
More information regarding competitions & events are also available on our Facebook page – see here.