The role of the Chairman
- Chair Annual General Meetings once elected, Extraordinary General meetings and committee meetings as appropriate.
- To preside over all meetings in a fair and impartial manner, ensuring the committee sticks to the agenda, discussions are relevant and not overlong, all relevant points of view are considered, and all decisions reached and matters agreed are clearly captured in the meeting minutes.
- To act as mediator in any dispute that involves any contravention or misunderstanding of the club’s constitution or rules.
- To act as Host at all official club events.
- To present awards, trophies etc., at club Tournaments and Championships.
- To delegate duties and responsibilities to other committee members as appropriate.
- Represent the club at external organisations.